Monday, April 30, 2012

Chilling at the Race

I have to say the most interesting thing I saw at the NASCAR race on Saturday were the porta potty tents (a la something like this). Dan and I were discussing that this really should not have been our first time seeing these, but I guess we just haven't been to enough day long tailgates.

The sun shone for a good hour or so, but the rest of the day was cloudy and rainy. No matter, we had some drinks, good food, and plenty of socializing, so we still had a great time. We arrived around 9 that morning and didn't pull out until 7 that night - as we were driving away we could hear the muted vroom from the racetrack.

About halfway through the day, a guy came around and told us we weren't having enough fun. He proceeded to dole out NASCAR hats for everyone while telling jokes. He gestured to me and told the guy standing behind me that he was glad he found a girl with all her front teeth. Little did he know I actually am missing two of my front teeth and have a dental appliance with two teeth attached to it - I can take it out at will. When I heard him comment on the front teeth, I popped those teeth out, smiled, and shook my head. The guy handing out the hats just about fell over from shock and asked, "How'd she do that?" Unfortunately, we had to pay for the hats and seeing as we didn't have any cash, Dan and I gave them back.


Here I am with my friend, Anne - you can see the grandstand in the background, my full set of teeth, and Anne's authentic NASCAR camo hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment