Thursday, May 10, 2012

Destination: Central Virginia


Warning! This is not on The List. It's an addendum. An appendix. Or a destination I'll add to it later on.

I haven't begun my research to this place...except to know that there are a cluster of wineries and breweries along a stretch of Highway 151.

Allow me to demonstrate.


Why thank you, custom Google maps!

Let me tell you a secret - this is a beautiful stretch of road. It gets a bit windy the further south you get, but right off of Interstate 64, it's beautiful. Old estate homes made of brick, yellow forsynthias in the spring, and soft, rolling hills. Nestled alongside every couple of miles are signs directing you to wineries and breweries. If you are ever in the Charlottesville, Virginia area (and you've already been to Monticello), this is a beautiful piece of country to visit.

But let's live here for a bit. Let's take a weekend and discover the place. Where will we stay? What are the people like? What will we do (besides taste the bounties of Virginian fields)?

Follow along as I discover what Central Virginia has to offer!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment