Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cumberbund? Cumberbatch!

Do you watch Sherlock? Tell me you do and have fallen in love with PBS for the second time in your life (the first being Sesame Street, of course). Yes, Downton Abbey is great with its monopoly on awesome Maggie Smith lines and insanely cute/heartbreaking Mr. Bates-Anna storyline, but have you heard of Sherlock?

Not to be confused with the Sherlock Holmes of the late 1880's who wore a houndstooth cap (well, per Season 2, Episode 1, he can be confused with that Sherlock), this Sherlock is of the modern era. He has a cell phone and Dr. Watson runs a blog (Do you ever hate how when you start to describe television shows or books and all of a sudden the words coming out of your mouth make you feel like a crazy person because the concepts are so absurd? Anyway.) and they solve mysteries together in England.




And Benedict Cumberbatch plays the best Sherlock. And Martin Freeman is the best Dr. Watson. And they are so funny together. You really ought to watch this show. (Season 1 is on Netflix, last time I checked. Season 2 runs on Sundays May 6-20 - yay!)




So the point is, Dan and I were watching Sherlock on Sunday night (live TV, how I haven't made use of you in so long!) and because it's PBS (or something) there are no commercials (what?!). Ok enough interruptions. The point is the sponsor was Viking River Cruises. And their staterooms caught my eye.

Hello attractive looking cubby.




I've been wanting to do a Mississippi River cruise for almost two years now. This will likely never happen, it's just something I think would be fun to do. But Viking River Cruises are for rivers all over the world including Europe, Egypt, Asia, and Russia. I checked out the website and it seems like this is a pretty structured vacation option (I mean, you kind of have to follow your hotel...), but oh so pretty and easy for people who don't want to worry about transportation (although for me, that's part of the fun - but only part of it).

Tell me someone has taken a Viking River Cruise (or something like it) and can tell me how awesome or not awesome it is so I can continue to or stop lusting after it. Or just tell me you watch Sherlock and my heart will be stilled.

Thank you for reading!

Awesome Sherlock images sourced from here and here. Stateroom picture from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment