Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bon Voyage!

Every couple months my husband will get an e-mail from me at the end of my lunch break filled with ideas for our next vacation – or what our next vacation should be. At the beginning of the hour, I will have read a news article that talked about a particular site or a blog post that raved about a restaurant or a Wikipedia article that gave the history of a certain person who lived in a particular town and by the end of the hour I’m imagining myself there and planning the trip – even to the point of locating our hotel and exploring the history of the place.
My husband is typically good natured about these e-mails (“Typical duck” he writes back, using his name for me) and they are not considered again. We do not actually visit all the places I come up with (it’s not possible for time and money), and it’s only when an actual vacation is decided upon that my planning comes to fruition (we start planning vacations in January in our house – as soon as our PTO is “refilled” at the end of the previous year). But I’d like a way to categorize these discarded plans – to organize my thoughts and hopes for a location – and that is why I have started this blog.
So follow along and see where we’ll go – sometimes near, sometimes far – I’ll pick a destination and construct what I think would be a lovely visit. Bon voyage and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment