Monday, April 23, 2012

The Almost Trip

Today Dan e-mailed me with a proposition of combining a work trip he has to make this summer with a visit to New England. I was very excited and as I began looking up plane tickets for myself, started to imagine what we would do and where we would go (you know Northampton was the first place my mind went to).

It wasn't too long, though, before the Kayak ticker showed ticket prices of upwards of $450 for a Thursday night through Sunday afternoon trip. That was no good - even with the combination of work trip and vacation, the money didn't add up. So I Google Mapped it - could I drive? Amtrak - could I ride? Nothing made sense.

Oh well. It was fun to think about an impromptu vacation (complete with lobster rolls) for a few minutes. On the bright side, it prompted us to finalize our travel plans for the year when we got home. We had loosely outlined them at the beginning of the year, but now we know for sure what our plans are.

Too bad...from what I hear, lobster rolls are awesome.



FYI, I found those sunglasses on the side of the road.

Thanks for reading!

Lobster roll image sourced here.

No comments:

Post a Comment